[RFC] New (QML) Desktop Containment

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 23:11:32 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 21:13:13 Marco Martin wrote:
> > * dropping stuff onto the containment doesn't work
>
> as far i seen, the items (not sure if they all do, or just mousearea) just
> eat  the dropevent.
> maybe the containment implementation in the scriptengine should
> filterChildEvents and catch drop events from there. not seeing many other
> ways  around

We could put the drop handling in the toolbox item. It's full screen anyway,
so we'd put a 'mouse transparant' drop area there, the toolbox exposes a list
of action and drop position to the containment, which then decides on the
rendering of the "you dropped something" popup and adds the widget. Maybe? :)
--
sebas