Release Testing for 4.10

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 16:14:59 UTC 2012

As you may know the KDE Quality team was set up with the aim of
conducting organised testing of KDE just before a release.

One of the things we do is to have a specific targeted lists of things
to check. This will be from a team of people who have been "trained"
(forced to read a wiki page) on how to write good bug reports.

The wiki page tracking the progress of last years work is here:
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.9/Plasma

I intend to do the same this year for this releases new QML plasmoids.

Things I need form you:
 - a list of all the new QML-based applets (by the time of the first beta)
    (to my knowledge: system tray, pager, calculator, comic strip,
weather, weather station, notifications ?)

 - any suggestions/additions to the checklist used:
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.9/Plasma#Generic_Plasmoid_Check_List

 - If you have anything else that has changed significantly since the
last release please also let us know, we have a list just to encourage
more testers to simply use a feature before release rather than just
meander about testing all over the place. To give an example, this is
the page from last year:
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.9/AreasToTest.
Please add anything to the 4.10 version
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/AreasToTest.
 Last year, I based it on the Feature Plan, but this still needs
mapping into tester friendly instructions.

Last round of testing was really beneficial, the testers found several
bugs, many of which were regressions some quite critical. We had most
of them fixed by the time of release.

Thanks in advance