Introducing Homerun

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Nov 13 17:23:37 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 13 November 2012 16:56:29 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> I introduced the Google example because in the Web realm, even the not
> digital native search for everything and everywhere and those same people
> use bookmarks or other similar mechanism for their favorites.
The reality is that "normal" people are not able to use Google. One example
from $work. New team member had problems with a task and did not find a
solution and I entered a good search term into Google and had his problem
fixed in less than one minute. Afterwards I was declared as the "expert" for
the general problem by my manager.

So no, people cannot use google - they are neither able to enter the best
terms nor to understand the search results.