QML Buttons and SVG images

Dmitry A. Ashkadov dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Tue Nov 6 09:24:21 UTC 2012

Hello, Aaron!

You have said that I can use QML Button item instead of IconWidget:

> the real fix here is to not use IconWidget :) that's a QGraphicsWidget thing and will need to be replaced eventually anyways.
> this should be using the Button QML element, which does support using SVG files.

but did you mean that that QML Button is Button from Plasma Components (org.kde.plasma.components)? I looked at code of QML button but I didn't see any property to set elementID of svg file. Yes, it handles case if a name of icon is a elementId, but I need to show an arrow and its [arrow] svg image has elementID that isn't the same as a name of icon, moreover its image path (svgIcon.imagePath) doesn't start from "icons/".

Thank you!