The tooltip state. Not that good. Proposal for improvement.

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:37:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 May 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 19:42:53 Mark wrote:
> > > remember one of the issues i had with a Dialog. What's the recommended
> > > way of changing it's width and/or height?
> >
> > it should, hopefully, resize to accomodate the size of the content.
> Marco:
> > is there a way to signal to the dialog what the "good size" for the
> > content is?
>
> the dialog should always follow its main item geometry, resize the contents
> and the dialog will sync

Interesting, so i can make the main item in fullscreen and still have a
fullscreen component. Nenermind my ApplicationWindow proposal, this is a
lot more fun to tease our beloved users ;-)

Anyone up for a user test of:
PlasmaCore.Dialog
{
   Rectangle
  {
    width: Math.random() * 1680
    height: Math.random() * 1050
  }
}

(now i probably wrote that wrong but you get the idea)

I hope you do smile the sarcasm ^_-

Seriously, thank you for the information. That little piece of vital
information was missing on the wiki. I added it:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API#Dialog though
you probably want to make it more acurate.