Workspace sprint, workplan/methodology

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu May 17 08:49:28 UTC 2012

On Thursday 17 May 2012 10:34:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:12:27 Marco Martin wrote:
> > active at kde.org
>
> slightly off-topic, but it may be time to merge that mailing list with
> plasma- devel and just keep active@ as an alias for it. at this point there
> is little, if any, traffic there that would not be appropriate here; the
> people there are mostly here as well; the traffic here would not be a big
> distraction to Active; it would simplify the community communication
> structure.
>
> sth to think about.
That sounds like a good idea to me. There are a few things which always
puzzled me, like e.g. how to get a review request so that it ends up on the
active mailing list?

There is just one thing I would change if you merge the lists: get the bug
reports out of the list, just a small recommendation from a project which had
all bugs send to the list ;-)

I could imagine that people see active as a different project as it has a
different mailing list, it has a different bugzilla product and so on. No
other shell has that special treatment. So if removing the mailing list helps
to get it right, it's a good thing.

Cheers
Martin