Workspace sprint, workplan/methodology

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed May 16 19:27:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, to put it in a new thread:
> possible work plan and methodology:
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Workspace_Sprint
>
> is completely open, anybody that wants to modify it is welcome to do so.
>
> other thing and topic, since is about that sprint anyways, infos about the
> place, how to reach etc would be nice as well.
>
> --
> Marco Martin

Regarding the local organization, we've been delaying this because
both Alex and I we're swamped with the Akademy-es organization that's
going to happen this weekend. Starting from the next week we'll start
doing these things.

Regarding the document, I think it's a great thing to have. I'm a bit
afraid that we're focusing a bit too much on how do applications
integrate to Plasma instead of how does Plasma integrate applications.
I have to catch up with all the literature that has happened today :).

Furthermore, I see things like "on-screen keyboard" in this document.
>From my point of view, this sprint should be about how to iterate KDE
on the desktop systems (with this mouse and keyboard we've all grown
to love), others are already taken care of by the Active project which
is doing great but on the desktop we have some void. If I
misinterpreted anything, please tell me.

Aleix