request: create panel and plasma colors configuration tool

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 15 13:04:14 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 14:39:17 gnomek wrote:
> graphic inside it anyway, at all? Maybe something that uses not
pictures
> but vector graphic or another way would be a better solution.

Everything uses vector graphics in Plasma's theming (that's what the
.svg(z) extension is). In some cases we have embedded pixmaps in the
SVG though because we weren't satisfied with Qt's SVG rendering
capabilities.

Did you try the Aya theme, for example? That one AFAIK does tinting of
the panel, could be a starting point for your further research.

It's trivial to create containments that can set their own background
color, btw. It just looks like crap. :)
--
sebas