Workspace Next Sprint Organization

Björn Balazs bjoern.balazs at user-prompt.com
Tue May 15 08:07:08 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 15. Mai 2012, 08:50:16 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> for those who aren't aware of the current vision[1], it's pretty simple:
>
> today people have huge numbers of files, devices, people they know, network
> services they use; and few use their computer (laptop / desktop) for just
> one particular task (work, entertainment, personal communication,
> school..). plasma desktop should make it easy to use one computer for
> multiple tasks, focusing on providing scalable interfaces to present
> information and access to data in ways people will find useful for today's
> contexts. this should all be presented using direct manipulation interfaces
> that have an organic look and feel.

Thanks, Aaron, for pointing towards this vision. Indeed, I wasn't aware of it.
This could be a good starting point - so I would like to raise the questions
to the list:

Have you been aware of this vision?

If yes: did it support your work (and how)?
If no: looking back would it have been helpful for your work if you had known
it (and how)?

Is it too general / just right / too specific?

Is there anything missing or unnecessary in it?

I would be great if you could take a little time to answer these questions, so
we can decide how much work we actually need to put into creating a new vision
- or wether we should rather try to define more in depth artifacts, like
personas, szenarios, personal goals etc. Aaron, if there are any of these
artifacts already exist, please do not hesitate and point us to them...

Thanks,
Björn

--
User Prompt | Psychologic IT Expertise