Python and QML

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:19:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:

> In data mercoledì 9 maggio 2012 16:44:12, Marco Martin ha scritto:
>
> > afaik only pyqt has complete bindings for kdelibs for now
>
> Correct, PySide is not supported.
>
> > I am no aware about the status of bindings on those parts, that's more
> > a question for bindings people
>
> To be blunt, I haven't seen *any* new work on Python bindings, mainly
> because
> kdelibs is frozen.
>

> This stuff needs likely to be written, not sure if it needs some C++ glue
> or
> not. PyQt has already support for QML, with some limitations.
> _________________________

OK, so if I'm understanding you guys correctly - as currently written if I
went this route I would have to make a regular program, not a plasmoid.  I
think that's fine with me for this particular project - other than using
data engines, I don't think I'm doing anything plasmoid specific - and I
think I can still use those in a QML program, right?  I guess we'll see
what happens when I try to make this work sometime this week.  At any rate,
perhaps it can be converted to a plasmoid in the future if the bindings are
written.
--
Eric Mesa
http://about.me/ericmesa