Python and QML

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:29:14 UTC 2012

Hey All,

I had an email a few months ago where I was trying to change the color of
some button in my QML plasmoid based on the output of what happened in a
python script.  While researching the idea today, I found the following
resources:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Connecting_QML_Signals_in_PySide
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Python_Harness_for_QML
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/qml.html

So....based on those - three questions:
1) Which is better PySide or PyQT4?  Based on the PySide website - it looks
like PySide...but they are obviously biased...hehe
2) If I go this route, then I'm now launching my program from python
instead of from plasmoidviewer, right?
3) Would my resulting code still be able to be a plasmoid? Or would it just
have to be a regular program?

Thanks!
--
Eric Mesa