Could use some help on getting the QML taskmanager running in KDE 4.8

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:17:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 6, 2012 01:20:29 Mark wrote:
> > Then simply running "plasmoidviewer" in the compiled package path of that
> > branch.
>
> the package is loaded by the library, which is an Applet, not the other way
> around. it is not a QML only plasmoid, but a C++ plasmoid which is using
> QML
> for its UI. so install it and run it as you normally would a C++ plasmoid.
>
> So i just install it in my system library folders just like i would
install any plasmoid?

> (note that this could be turned into a pure QML plasmoid if the C++ bits
> were
> converted into a QML component plugin so that things like GroupManager and
> TasksModel are accessible from QML; in fact, it could be possible to put
> that
> into libtaskmanager itself.)

That is some very interesting information :)
I'm guessing that will have to go in PlasmaExtraComponents? or
QtExtraComponents? or do we need a KDEExtraComponents ^_-

Could you explain a bit more in this area? I think this is very
interesting, but i don't really know the libtaskmanager structure and which
classes are required (at the very least) to create a taskmanager plasmoid.
How would you see this?

For example a TaskManager component like:
TaskManager{
   model (is a TaskModel)
   grouping (where it can be one of TaskGroupingStrategy enum:
NoGrouping, ManualGrouping
or ProgramGrouping
    ... what else ...
}