Help us finding the new name for Laptop window decoration

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:38:59 UTC 2012

2012/3/15 Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> in order to find a better name for the window decoration "Laptop" I created a
> doodle with possible names:
>
> http://www.doodle.com/e9se6zuz8ufepxke
>
> More info: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104282/
>
> Please vote for your preferred name and don't make the fun out of it that
> everybody votes for a different name ;-)

Hm. Just an idea, but does the new name really have to be descriptive
like that? Couldn't we go for a name like "Hydrogen" (a simpler atom
than oxygen)?

The fact that this decoration is more suitable for remote desktops
could perhaps be conveyed some other way than through the name? (a
description shown in the KCM perhaps?). If it needs to be conveyed in
words at all.. perhaps it's enough to see the preview..

By going with a descriptive name I think we'll always end up with
something that could put Oxygen in a bad light.

Cheers,
Elvis