Help us finding the new name for Laptop window decoration

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:42:35 UTC 2012

Am 16.03.2012, 13:54 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:

>> btw, is it just me or does it have drawing errors when there are spaces
>> between buttons?
> no, it's not just you. I just enabled it and it shows the same bug as we
> know
> from Plastik already. Ah bitrot is such a wonderful thing.

Seems it simply assumes  a prefilled background, I'll have a look and fix
that in no minutes in case Nun has no supergreat idea for another deco ;-)
The gradients should be no problem, from a rough look they're precached in
factory pixmaps on init and thus there's little transfer (kwin isn't
started /that/ often during a session.
Of course that implies the native graphicssystem but if you use the raster
graphicssystem on a remote session, you got other stuff to worry about.

Semi OT and OL:
Should we "reactivate" the phase style as complement (have a short look on
it's pixmap transfer overhead) and suppress the Qt built-in styles in the
style kcm?

Cheers,
Thomas