RFC: Removing of decorations

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 19:11:29 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 13:22:40 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:01:11 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > Do we have to include by default a visually outdated theme (Laptop) or an
> > even broken theme (Plastik) just for thin clients?
>
> given that i don't want to have to answer all the problems and complaints
> from our large user base of thin client installs: imho, yes.
>
> at the very least, pick one, clean it up a little bit if needed and drop the
> rest. but not having something for thin clients at this point would be a
> disasterous mistake in terms of user relations and existing user base
> support.
I take this as a veto from the workspace coordinator ;-) In that case I
propose to only drop b2 and Plastik and keep laptop under a new name (maybe
just "lightweight" or "thin client"). I would drop Plastik due to the fact
that it is broken with compositing and I don't see anybody starting to fix it.

For 4.10 I would like to see a new modern style for thin clients being
implemented. I'll talk to Nuno.

Martin