A new way of QML PopupApplets

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:17:52 UTC 2012

On Friday 02 March 2012, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2012, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:35 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > right now it wasn't possible to write in qml those applets that are
> > > always collapsed to a tiny element, but *not* an icon, like the
> > > notifications or the
> > > digital clock.
> >
> > Aren't we already doing this thing in battery monitor? Its not collapsed
> > to just
> > an icon, and it has a popup. The tiny element (battery status svg) is in
> > the main
> > qml item of the plasmoid, and the popup component (power profiles, screen
> > brightness, etc.) is inside a PlasmaCore.Dialog's mainItem. And this is
> > without making it a PopupApplet.
>
> yep, what i want to avoid is having to manage a dialog by hand

more specifically what i want in palsma2 is every applet being able to specify
that is collapsable and optionally specify a component for that
representation.

all without ever touching dialogs or having to specify that is a popupapplet,
that wouldn't exist anymore (is a visualization thing, you are not sure the
shell wants to represent it in a dialog rather in something else, really)

--
Marco Martin