Windows previews in qml plasmoid?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 23:38:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 June 2012 08:56:21 Michail V. wrote:
>> Is there a way to have windows previews in a qml plasmoid?
> You can have that with declarative KWin scripts:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KWin/WindowSwitcher
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KWin/Scripting
>
> But it's not possible to use inside a Plasmoid. With some hacks something
> could be implemented in Plasma, but I would highly recommend to not do it :-)
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>>
>> For example is a tasks qml plasmoid possible?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michail

Martin... i was asking you for that thumbnail thing before and you
didn't know what i was talking about (something along those lines)..
The thumbnail example that you're giving on the wiki page seems
perfect to implement in my tooltip experiments! Or am i missing
something?

Note for the private tooltip class. I'm completely revamping that
class. There isn't much progression lately since i've hit a few
massive walls with popupApplet, top level stuff and other unexpected
and very annoying issues. I didn't give up on tooltips, just not
working on those at the moment.