Windows previews in qml plasmoid?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 28 17:19:49 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 08:56:21 Michail V. wrote:
> Is there a way to have windows previews in a qml plasmoid?

the ToolTip QML item (which isn't documented on api.kde.org with the other QML
elements since it is written in C++ *sigh*) does not expose the requisite
property in Plasma::ToolTipContent: windowsToPreview.

there are two ways to address this:

* add this functionality to the existing ToolTip element in kde-
runtime/plasma/declarativeimports/core/tooltip.cpp

* include a bit of C++ with the QML task manager applet which exposes this

the two methods are essentially identical with one important difference:
patching the tooltip.cpp in kde-runtime exposes this to *all* users of the QML
elements ... and i don't think we want to do that as we could not take that
API back later and this is one area that is likely to see some re-design in
libplasma2.

so including a bit of C++ that bridges between Plasma::ToolTipContent and QML
which does expose the windowsToPreview API would probably be best. you could
even start by just copying over those files from kde-runtime and modifying as
needed.

cheers.