SLC BoF at Akademy ?

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Jun 23 16:22:09 UTC 2012

Hi there !

At the sprint many people raised ideas or concerns of how to integrate SLC on
the desktop, these are some ramblings I remember right now:

- Systray doesn't work on the desktop when using big resolutions or 2 screens
- Some people wanted it on Window Decoration, some people didn't like that
(Martin G between them iirc)
- DnD should be mandatory, similar to what pastebin does right now
- SLC should be able to be integrated within the application, and we should
provide facilities so the integration in all applications looks the same.
- Some people disliked the idea of implementing SLC on the app's but instead
they think we should do this on the workspace (decorator, panel...)
- We should consolidate "Sharing stuff" in KDE software, mergin-collaborating
with kipi-plugins for example.
- Do we really need Like and Connect? what are the differences ?

So as you can see there are many concerns and ramblings about this topic so
what better to consolidate ideas than a BoF ?

Booked a room Thursday between 16 and 18, it doesn't seem to collide with
anything else. In case it doesn't work for you we can change it ofc.

Oh and if you think the BoF is not needed we can remove it :p