[Kde-pim] Akademy2012 BoF for WebAccounts

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:08:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Sorry for the cross-posting, but this is a topic actually affecting all
> three
> mailist.
>
> Would be awesome to have a BoF at Akademy2012 about WebAccounts so I can
> share
> current plans and we can design together its future.
>
> This is a list of topics I would love to discuss:
> -Present to all my short-term plans.
> -We need to design how Applications will integrate with it.
> -What about Akonadi ?
> -What about Telepathy ?
> -Should we have more than one way of configuring things ?
>
> Taking a look at the schedule, it seems that the best slot is Monday from
> 09:30 to 14:00, we will have a break for lunch between 12:30 and 13:00 (uh
> too
> small maybe?).

I'm definitely in! Monday is good, but 9:30 is a bit early - how about
10:30-12:30, lunch to 13:00/:30 and then 2 more hours. I think we'll need a
bit more time for lunch to get away from all of that and then start fresh
with clear head.

> If you think 4h is too much we can do 2h and if needed schedule another
> BoF.
>
> Personally I think that only discussing *how* we want the final product to
> look like will take us 2h, so another 2h for technical discussions seems
> logic.
>
> Feedback? ideas?

My agenda would be mostly Telepathy and the social stuff in Akonadi for
which I want to use WebAccounts. How about Dropbox/ownCloud and these
sharing services?

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer