Plasma Containment default setting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 12:33:39 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 13:28:58 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Speaking as someone "not used to SLC", do I understand it right, that when
> clicking "Like" it will popup a menu letting you select the "Like" action
> you like?

yes. when you press on one of the 3 icons, you get presented with different
ways to share, like or connect the thing you are looking at / working with.

> That could be an option, but at least on the desktop, without SLC
> settled in, I wouldn't see it as the "number one place" for this action
> (setting picture as a wallpaper). At least not yet ;)

there's definitely a learning curve. that's the downside i wrote about ... once
you are aware of it and get what it is there for though ... ... ... :)

> Thing is - is SLC going to be sort of mandatory on desktop and/or active?

as marco noted, it should imo become part of the default layout and used as an
integral part of things just like the start menu has been historically.

> What if people don't want to use it?

then they don't use it, i guess :)

> In that case, we still need some sort of fallback.

why? we have DnD already ...

--
Aaron Seigo