Plasma Containment default setting

Varun Herale varun.herale at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:40:46 UTC 2012

> how exactly are you doing this? can you share some code with us?
> no. what are you trying to accomplish? (there may be a better way to do
> whatever it is you are trying to do..)

I am trying to implement wallpaper plugin for digikam as SoK project. Using
an applet I am able to change the wallpaper but not otherwise as I need the
current desktop containment object.

I am trying to obtain that by creating a containment object and restoring
from the config file. But the isContainment() is set to false in this case.

I also tried using the static load function from Plasma::Applet, but
because the desktop plugin has both Plasma/Applet and Plasma/Containment,
the isContainment() is set to false this way too.

Currently I have a Wallpaper object loaded this way and changed the Url and
saved it back to the file. But as update signals are protected I can't
change the wallpaper in realtime. If I can get the current containment
object, I can use the Plasma::Containment::setWallpaper() function after
saving the new config and it will update.

Pastebin <http://paste.kde.org/502064/>

Is there another way to change the wallpaper from an application ?