moving forward

Sebastian Kügler sebasje at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:46:09 UTC 2012

On Friday, June 15, 2012 09:11:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hello...
>
> it has become apparent that we need to do something here about the attitude
> demonstrated by some of those who have chosen to participate in plasma.
>
> being here is not a right. it is a privelege we each earn through the simple
> demonstration of our willingness to work together and to put positive
> effort into things.
>
> there is a certain slip towards an anarchical "if i just yell loud enough
> and rudely enough" approach that has manifest itself lately. for the health
> of the project that can not continue.
>
> to address this, i invite you all to an irc meeting next week. below is a
> doodle where you can register which times work for you and we'll select
> whatever works best for most people:
>
> 	http://www.doodle.com/8dxigcxwr6527z5t

Good idea, the constant painful discussions on this list really cost a lot of
motivation to me personally. I'd much rather like to hack and create cool
stuff than being annoyed and demotivated because people do not consider their
words well enough or don't do their homework. I suppose I'm not the only one.

I suppose going over how we intend to work with each other and agreeing on
basic standards is a good thing.

sebas