Quality Team: LCD weather station and calendar (in panel) are really broken

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:59:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>> We hope these can be fixed as well as the regressions regularly sent to
>> the list.
>
> I think things we can take away from this thread:
>
> - We want each other to look at commits more
> - Just removing components or reverting commits is not a way to fix bugs, it
>  probably leads to more regressions even
> - We need to improve on our collaboration
> - New people coming into the team, in which form however, need to learn the
>  ropes, and screwups once in a while are quite natural. It's growing pains,
>  though, and growing is a good thing
> - We share the same goals, and should all try to not step on each other's
>  toes. (Ok, the last thing hasn't been mentioned explicitely, but still seems
>  quite well backed by evidence. :P)

+1

as i said, personally i didn't see problems... i agreed with the
revert of the revert, i agreed with leaving weatherstation in. i
didn't see a problem of that decision being seen as unilateral.

this seems to hurt new people, adapting to a workflow is difficult,
and the workflow is for sure far from perfect.

for this thread: let's everybody think about those points, and let's
use what we learnt dealing with the next issue, being an important
review request, or a decision about what action to take over a severe
bug.

Cheers,
Marco Martin