Quality Team: LCD weather station and calendar (in panel) are really broken

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 14 11:52:59 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 13:15:34 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> You misread the Quality Team mail: we are asking for the LCD Weather
> Station Applet to be fixed for 4.9 or removed.

i misread nothing. the request for it to be removed is denied.

if you consider for a moment what this would do to people's otherwise working
installations, not to mention what it would mean for future incentive to fix
it, the reason for this should become evident.

p.s. i'm very happy that we have a more active Q/A team. i am not happy with
how it is sometimes handling issues. there was a commit reverted the other day
without checking with the original commiter nor the maintainer of the applet
or module which should never have been reverted. fortunately i was on irc and
watching commits that day. now we have a "no, remove it" statement which does
not fit the way we develop in plasma, which is:

* as a team
* with communication

i'm sure the QA team can improve over time so that we can all work together
better. thanks ...