KDE architecture diagram

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:23:38 UTC 2012

On Friday 08 June 2012, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> 'Plasma' and 'Nepomuk - whatever this means' ? those namings are
> confusing, and if you guys really want a broader audience, you should
> really make it easy for people that are not on your field to use your
> software. I understand that technologies must have a name, I'm also an
> scientist after all, but you will not see a thing about
> paleobathymetry or stratigraphy in anything that I write if the focus
> is people outside of my area of knowledge.

yep, she's right. actually SC was never a name to be targetted to the public.

same thing for names of tecnologies (there should be advertized as developer
tools but never to the end user) so in the ui should never ever appear
nepomuk, phonon or akonadi for instance.

different discourse for products that are directly in front of the user:
"plasma desktop" or "amarok" or "gwenview" are more like microsoft word, iOS
or iTunes

Cheers,
Marco Martin