KDE architecture diagram

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 13:55:50 UTC 2012

Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 15:11:57 Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> On Friday, June 8, 2012 14:37:09 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > just means it is released using a different schedule
>
> in what way does the release schedule matter? what does it change that is
> important to understand when asking "what is plasma, how is put together and
> how can we move it forward"?

It is a classification. I think it helps grasping the whole picture. If it does
not matter to you, just ignore that blue rectangle, but I think it can help
new developers.

> > Perhaps the "KDE Workspace" box should be named " KDE SC Plasma
> > Workspaces".
> how is this difference useful? (serious question, not rhetorical.)

I suggested "SC" to avoid people thinking I consider Active not to be a KDE
Workspace. It is a KDE workspace just like Desktop and Netbook, which is just
not part of the SC.

And "Workspaces" vs "Workspace" because there are two workspaces in there:
Desktop and Netbook.

Aurélien