KDE architecture diagram

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 12:44:54 UTC 2012

On Friday 08 June 2012 14:22:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, June 8, 2012 13:47:18 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > My goal with this diagram was to illustrate end-user products and how they
> > are grouped under umbrella terms, rather than teams.
>
> then it isn't an architecture diagram, and it shouldn't include things like
> kdelibs.

Not that I want to make the discussion even messier than it already is, but
please keep in mind that although kdelibs is kind of buried in the KDE
Platform product. This situation is going to change with KDE Frameworks which
will become a (meta-)product on its own[*].

So if we chart current situation, it's likely kdelibs shouldn't appear as a
product (KDE Platform OTOH is debatable...), if we chart the future[**] KDE
Frameworks (which is going to be close in content to kdelibs + kde-runtime)
should appear.

Regards.

[*] At least that's what my crystal ball says.
[**] Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net