KDE architecture diagram

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 10:23:40 UTC 2012

On Friday, June 8, 2012 12:01:39 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Food for thought: How many Linux kernel developers do you know that try to
> divide the Linux kernel in subprojects for servers, desktops, embedded
> systems?

thanks for bringing up this example Sebastian :) it's one that we've used for
years in Plasma to explain to ourselves and others what we're doing.

"Just as the Linux kernel looked at the spectrum of devices from embedded to
desktop to server to supercomputer as a continuum that could be serviced with
one flexible kernel...."

so this is not just a really great example that Sebas picked out of thin air
for this email, it's actually the example we've been using as a team as we
work on Plasma.

cheers ...