[Help js Scripting Help customize default plasma-desktop

Helmer Teles helmer.teles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:25:12 UTC 2012

--
Helmer Teles

eM at il   : helmer.teles at gmail.com
MSN_ID  : helmer.teles at gmail.com
Web Page: http://hteles.wordpress.com
Phone:  : +351 96 792 10 86

On Wednesday 06 June 2012 13:59:14 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:39:31 Helmer Teles wrote:
> > Also i dont want to put [$i] at the plasma-desktop-appletsrc file because
> > have to delete this file every logon because of this problem -
>
> well, that's the first step: dealing with this issue since that's a
> significant problem obviously. and i don't have the ability to troubleshoot
> this as i have no such setup here to test with (nor can i set up one just
> for this).

Hi Aaron, ( I don'c CC you cos some ML people don't like that - hope you see
this reply )

Thanks for your reply and above all thanks for your work that we all love.

I've managed to resolve my unlock widgets/Activity Manager issue with the
containment-actions calling a script instead of simple calling xwindow-manager
( startkde ).

It goees something like this

#/bin/bash

cat > ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc << EOF
[ActionPlugins]
MidButton;NoModifier=paste
RightButton;NoModifier=contextmenu

[ActionPlugins][RightButton;NoModifier]
_add panel=false
_context=true
_lock_screen=true
_logout=true
_run_command=true
_sep1=true
_sep2=true
_sep3=true
_wallpaper=true
add sibling containment=false
add widgets=false
configure=false
configure shortcuts=false
lock widgets=false
manage activities=false
remove=true
EOF

startkde

After this is in place the default plasma scripting does the rest of the job.

> what i would need to know is what the values are for these functions:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaDesktopScripting#Scr
> een_Geometry
>
> to find out, open krunner, type "desktop console" and this will bring up the
> interactive scripting window. try experimenting with the screen count and
> geometry functions on a running system and let us know what you find.
>
> p.s. sorry for not responding to your first email; i've had a draft reply
> open since the day you posted but have been busy with other things.

Hi,
i will do as you say and will send you the info you asked ASAP. Still i'm
struggling with other non-KDE problems right now.

and i don't have the ability to troubleshoot
> this as i have no such setup here to test with (nor can i set up one just
> for this).

It's just a reimplementation of a DaaS with KDE4. For a long time we were
providing clients with a KDE3 Debian Lenny as a cloud Desktop. Now we are
trying to migrate all to KDE4 with X2go or ulteo as a broker.

I've started from the ground with KDE4 with kubuntu 12.04 LTS and i've managed
to take all the notes and the complete profile to get to the point where i am
now. If anyone is insterested and wants to help too, i can upload all my work
till now.