Bugsplashing

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 12:21:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
<annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 11:41 AM, Thijs Heus wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > 2) Are the components useful? I could see a lot of use for grouping
>> > bugs,
>> > and trying to keep a component bug free. But again - only when it is in
>> > use. And what is the difference between e.g. containment-desktop and
>> > desktop?
>>
>> i think components are fine, maybe there could be a couple more but thise
>> are
>> fine. in this particular case containment-desktop means strictly what
>> happens
>> in the desktop background area, while desktop is the plasma desktop shell
>> application, the actual executable that creates desktops, panels etc. yeah
>> know, jargon :/
>>
> OK, clear. If there is one place where jargon is allowed, it is BKO, as long
> as it is being used consistently. I guess there has been a fair amount of
> mix up there, but I'll check.
>
>> > 3) There is a fair amount of bugs that need to be treated with the
>> > authority and wisdom of a developer. I can be almost certain that a bug
>> > is
>> > a wont fix, but only a dev can mark it as such. I could keep a list of
>> > such
>> > bugs, and throw them over this mailing list once in a while, or perhaps
>> > flag "for_devs" could work here. This would not be meant as a kicking
>> > devs
>> > to fix a bug, but should only take 2 minutes of time to comment/check
>> > out/close/whatever.
>>
>> something that would be very useful i think is a day of irc meeting with
>> you
>> guys to do this kind of not immediately obvious prioritization and maybe
>> with
>> people taking tasks for actually fixing the ones with more priority.
>>
>> next weeks are quite thehorror (talking at least for me and probably
>> aaron) we
>> could manage to do something in the second half of june a bit before
>> akademy
>> perhaps?
>

> I'll try and keep a list of bugs to check. When life allows it, I lazily am
> around at irc, so if anyone is bored ;)
> A (minor) bugdays would be useful, but in the case of late June I would
> combine oldbug-compression with the beta-polishing and a focus on the latest
> bugs and regressions. Other than that, there is no real urgency for me - as
> long as we can work our way to a reliable (and short) buglist.
>
> Thijs
>
> Some bugs need to be fixed before 4.9 is out: for example the Weather
> Station applet does not display anything anymore (API changes from ions I
> suppose) so it'll be either fixed or removed as we cannot seriously ship
> things that are really broken.
>
> Anne-Marie

The official KDE Quality team "bug day" is next weekend. 9th/10th. It
will be mentioned in the KDE beta announcement.

There is a full checklist of things to go through on the new QML
plasmoids, and that is the part I'm leading.  One of the items is to
go through and remove any now-invalid bugs, which should hopefully
help these efforts.

David Edmundson