Tooltips to QML: PlasmaCore.Dialog questions

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:48:40 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Mark wrote:

> > > is happening. The x position seems to be fine, the y position seems to
> > > be wrong.
> >
> > how are you positioning it? dialog.popupPosition? you should position it
> > before actually showing it
>
> Ehh, how do i use that one? I can't give a position with that function (it
> returns a position).

it returns a position in function of an item on screen, it tries to position
the dialog above the desired item (in this case the widget owner of the
tooltip) already managing all the needed corner cases (when the parent item is
too near to a screen border so there isn't room to display the tooltip where
it should be)

that function calculates a position, then you just assign x and y properties
of the dialog to that computed position

> > > 3. The tooltip seems to have a minimal width + height of around 100
> >
> > pixels.
> >
> > > Where is that minimal limit set and how can i get rid of it?
> >
> > shouldn't have any, it should use whatever width/height the main item has
>
> It certainly has something.. I will recheck and come back to you about this
> one.

only absolute minimum size it should have is the size of the background
borders

--
Marco Martin