some work and api design on plasma2

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 00:47:35 UTC 2012

On Thursday 19 July 2012 21:18:50 Marco Martin wrote:
> anybody can think about technical problems about it that may be lurking?
> it may mean a release of the workspace that doesn't use completely
> frameworks, so both old kdelibs and the frameworks will have to be
> distributed for some time, may this be a problem? (but not avoidable
> probably)
Uh... please don't eat me :)

Do we really want to support qgv? it is a super big chunk of code we will have
to maintain for, waht gain?

Pros:
	- Keeping compatibility
	- Not having to port everything to QML before switching to frameworks
	- ... ?

Cons:
	- Big chunk of code to maintain
	- QGV dropped by Qt project
	- People not porting to QML because QGV work.
	- We will piss people off

How difficult would be to support ? would be possible to keep supporting it
when QML2 come to play?

Cheerz !