[Owncloud] ownCloud Plasma client

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 15:06:24 UTC 2012

Hi Diederik,

(Re-adding plasma-devel to CC:)

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 14:37:02 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 July 2012 20:11:33 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Comments, critique and praise most welcome =)
>
> Sounds interesting
>
> I've 'only' seen pictures wrt to the Files app, how about other apps, like
> calendar/tasks/contacts/music/galary ?
> I'd love to have a plasmoid on my desktop with my tasks/todo for the coming
> week/month.
>
> Wrt calendar/tasks/contacts coordination with kdepim may be useful (if not
> done  already  )

I imagine these going through Akonadi, but that doesn't need to bother the
user. Alex Fiestas has been working on generic account setup, I'd think that
calendar/tasks/contacts would just be checkboxes in the ownCloud account setup
which then set up the akonadi agents accordingly.

I haven't worked on any of the account setup yet, still checking how we can
integrate these into Alex' web accounts. In principle, what you'd like to see
is on the list, though.

I am myself especially interested in synching bookmarks, that would I think
also be one of those missing pieces.

sebas