Please, if you port something to QML, make it at the very least exactly the same as the C++ version!

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Mon Jul 9 00:50:41 UTC 2012

On Monday 09 July 2012 01:33:37 Mark wrote:
> The first thing i tested out was the shutdown dialog which is in
> QML now.
> [...]
> Seriously guys, how can we even accept this in KDE? Why did this
> even pass the review:
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103621/

The old C++ code was based on fixed layouts and did not adapt to the
font size the user specified. On high-dpi displays, which get
increasingly more common, the shutdown buttons were unreadable. See
the bug number mentioned in the linked commit.

Fixing this required a rewrite, and it made sense to accept the QML
rewrite in the current form. And if you would follow the discussion in
the review request, you would notice that it wasn't "just" accepted.

--
Christoph Feck
http://kdepepo.wordpress.com/