Pop-up dialog of embedded applets

Dmitry dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Tue Jul 3 12:44:19 UTC 2012

Hello, Marco!

I'm implementing system tray in QML. I've found a solution how to place
embedded applet into pop-up window of tray. But there is one difference
between my system tray [in QML] and your current system tray [in pure
C++]. If some embedded applet is placed in pop-up window of system tray
(pop-up part of the tray) and user clicks on it [embedded applet] then
the pop-up dialog of embedded applet will arise at the cursor
coordinates and either it looks like separated window or it overlaps the
panel. It looks weird. If user clicks on an applet embedded in pop-up
window of current C++ system tray then pop-up window of the embedded
applet arises docked to the panel and never overlap it. Do You know what
is a reason of such strange behaviour?

Thank you!