QML/Data Engine Part 2

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:43:49 UTC 2012

Here's an interesting little tidbit that might make this all finally work
correctly.

If I add this in:

def sources(self):
    sources = ["1500"]
    return sources

to my engine - then whenever it's connected to, it grabs the data into the
engine.  So it looks like the data was empty otherwise, even if I used
plasmaengineexplorer to make sure data was in there first.  The question is
- is this the right thing to do?  Or is there a way of telling it to grab
the data as it's requested by my plasmoid?  When I add i the rest of my
sources it will take a while for the data to be available.
--
Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com