Heads up, working on autocompletion and breadcrumbbar!

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:35:07 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> is
> >>
> >> Nice!  Will it support things like drag-and-drop, middle click, and
> >> the scroll wheel?
> >>
> >> -Todd
> >

> > Hi Todd,
> >
> > - drag-and-drop : nope, but what do you even mean by that?
>
> Depends on what you intend to use it for.  For instance in Dolphin you
> can drop files on an entry in the breadcrumb bar to move or copy a
> file to that directory.  A breadcrumb bar in a file manager plasmoid
> could use it for a similar purpose.  If there is any case where you
> need to move things around within the tree structure you are using the
> breadcrumb bar to navigate then this will be very helpful.
>
> That... is deep integration (or use of) KIO .. I certainly do want to add
that in, but i don't really know how easy/hard it is.

>  > - middle click, it should do what exactly?
>
> Depends on what it is being used for.  For instance in dolphin it open
> the folder in a new tab.  If there are either tabs in the plasmoid or
> the nodes of the breadcrumb tree can be opened in an external
> application, then middle click would be helpful for those purposes.
> It could also be used to trigger a popup, for instance showing a
> preview of the contents of that node without moving to it.
>
> Well, that really depends.. Remember, this is just a breadcrumbbar with no
"file manager" around it.. Just the bar. What i can do is emit a signal
that a middle click is done on some button. Someone else that wants to use
this for tabbed based purposes can then use it to open a new tab. Does that
sound oke for you?

> > - scroll wheel on a breadcrumb means..?
>
> Scrolling on an entry would move up or down in the entries list at that
> level.
>
> So for example if you have a tree structure like this:
>
> a - a1 - a11
>  - a2 - a21
>  - a3 - a31
>
> And you are currently seeing:
>
> a - a2 - a21
>
> Scrolling down on a2 would take you to:
>
> a - a3
>
> This is how it works in Dolphin, at least.
>
> It allows you to easily move through adjacent folders at the same
> level without needing to open the list.  It is very useful if you want
> to do something in adjacent folder sequentially.

Neat, will add that in! I never knew dolphin had that :p