QML widget explorer

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Jan 1 20:28:15 UTC 2012

On Sunday 01 January 2012 20:51:34 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 31 December 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After almost a year of stopped development, I think the qml rewrite of the
> > widget explorer and activity manager are almost ready for merge :D
>
> Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum,
meh my Latin is not even good enough any more to translate that without
Wikipedia :-(

> the qml widget explorer and activity manager are merged, let the bitch fest
> begin :p
a little bit of feedback
* \o/ yeah opening the widget explorer and typing works \o/
* the bottom of the activity mager looks a little bit crowded. I would say
margin is missing (see attached screenshot). If I are first in widget explorer
it looks correct.
* clicking on "Create Activity" opens the window on the left screen corner. If
you don't have that I blame Qt and update (I saw 4.8 is in Debian
experimental)
* If I am first in Activies with bad bottom and go to widgets the scrollbar is
missing
* There should be a margin between widget title and right corner - see
screenshot
* Widget name might need a text elide - see yet another screenshot
* Too much empty space in tooltips
* Yeah scrolling would be nice :-) Also the missing flickable behavior
surprised me, though it is clear that it cannot work when there is a drag
area.

great work :-)

Cheers
Martin