Newspaper layout

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:20:58 UTC 2012

Hello fellow plasma devs!

I've been trying to fix (well, first reproduce) some FW bugs related to the
Newspaper layout. (baseapps, runtime, workspace, libs from master or a week
old). So I tried adding applets to the Newspaper layout and movng them
around, and saw that the containment is absolutely broken.

What's the deal? Is it no more maintained? Is it only developed in the
Active branch?

The problems I've seen are numerous, like applets not closing on hitting the
'X' but rather expanding in height, then closing on the second or the third
click of the 'X', it was sometimes impossible to put applets in the
necessary column / row, ipossible to control applets' size, applets
overlapping each other, etc. I can make a screencast if you wish, but you
most probably can reproduce it yourself.

Best regards,
Ignat Semenov