Integrate AppMenu into Workspace 4.9

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Feb 9 15:07:13 UTC 2012

Hey there!

It seems that people really likes AppMenu, we have fans of everything
we have done with it so far:
-oxygen-appmenu
-plasmoid
-runner

So it seems clear to me that we should integrate this technology into
Workspace 4.9, but before we do it would be good to hear opinions
about these questions:

-Is there any way of integrating oxygen-appmenu without breaking
api-abi? Maybe a second version of the API?
-How the KDED works?
-Is there any plans to extend libdbusmenu-qt to make it export the
menu as a model?
-Do we need something else to complete our support? documentation maybe?
-What is the status of it being merged into GTK ?

Personally I think that AppMenu is a powerful technology that will
allow us to decide how and when show the menubars which sure will be
handy in the future.

So, what do you think of AppMenu?