Python plasmoid and configChanged()

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:41:31 UTC 2012

Connecting configChanged() explicitly was the cause of the problem
apparently (I need to test it a little bit more). In many forum I've
found that the people suggest to do this connection, maybe it's old
stuff.

Another strange thing I noticed is that when I click OK in the config
dialog it does not close immediatly itself but it waits the end of the
function configChanged() and since in my case this function takes
about 10 seconds to complete the config dialog remain frozen for 10
seconds before closing.

I tried a workaround to avoid this behaviour trying to emit a custom
signal at the end of configChanged that activate the slow function,
but even in this case the config dialog waits. Any idea on how to
solve this?