dictionary widget QML

Shaun Reich shaun.reich at kdemail.net
Sun Feb 5 14:49:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>>> if you want to make this choseable by the kcm it would have to become
>>> a (partly) c++ plasmoid
>>
>> assuming that it is unnecessary, even unwanted (different instances of the
>> plasmoid -> different dicts?), this could in theory be done straight from the
>> plasmoid. but this is where (again) the KConfigXt+Qt Designer pair let us down;
>
> uh, and forgotted to add: in this case yes, doing it directly from the
> plamoid would be a sensible enough workflow:
> * click the dict icon (that right now doesn't do anything)
> * in the results area it shows the list of available dicts
> * select one

what widget should it use to select the thingies? you want iti to be
clear that they -can- be choosen.

i can't believe the kconfig/qtdesigner "let us down". does it not
allow bidirectional communication, like populating a listview and
choosing it; it would only allow e.g. selecting buttons. man, we
really need a goof fiix for that.

i suppose it could look even better for plasmoids to have as much
config as possible inside them. if it's at all feasible. though you
get the issue with popup applets doing their thing.

/me would definitely want a libplasma2 meeting, even though i'm not
(yet?) involved in the libplasma2 happenings.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)