C++11 for kde-workspaces

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Dec 27 18:02:33 UTC 2012

On Thursday, 27. December 2012. 17.11.42 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to suggest that we allow projects in kde-workspace to make use of
> C++11 as of the feature set already used in kactivities.

Fully support the idea, with one small note.

> With kactivities already using C++11 we have a kind of de-facto build
> dependency to C++11 features anyway, so we can also make use of the useful
> bits :-)

C++11 is not required for the library, /just/ for the other parts. So, the
projects that don't want to use C++11 enabled compiler, and want to use
activities are not forced to.

> If nobody objects I would like to ask Ivan to either include the CMake
> checks into kde-workspace or maybe move them somewhere further upstream
> (kdelibs?).

Hmh, moving into kdelibs is a nice idea, but it would be strange since kdelibs
can't require C++11.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
 A program that has not been tested does not work.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup