System Settings - rethought

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:43:13 UTC 2012

On Thursday 13 December 2012, josephk at email.it wrote:
> Hello everyobdy,
>
> My name is alex, I'm a FLOSS enthusiast and KDE is my DE of choiche.
> I love its freedom and I want to invest in it.
> Naturally it does have some pain points to me, for example System Settings
> UX.
> As user, I don't find its usability and design good.
> So I decided to stop complaining and do some work on the UI of the shell
> and some of its modules.
> So these mock-ups came out.

Hi,
thanks for the work!
however seems more a topic for kde-usability at kde.org since looks global to
systemsetting modules?
for the plasma specific bits.. after a quick look i see the wallpaper settings
in systemsettings: it can't be insystemsettings, for both technical and
logical/workflow reasons.

Cheers,
Marco Martin