Confused on Activities' behaviour in concert with browsers

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 12:54:01 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 21:34:46 Antonis Kanouras wrote:
> I've set it to restore the previously opened tabs at startup and have one
> window for each activity, with different tabs open on each. Now, if I quit
> rekonq (not just close the window) and start it up again, all its windows
> appear on the current activity.

This is the next frontier for activities: application awareness. This is
something that needs to be added to applications on a case-by-case basis so
they do the right thing. We are currently using session management for this,
but not all apps behave well in this manner -> in the case of rekonq it is
saving the session for ALL windows ... not just the windows in the current
activity.