move plasma tools to plasmate

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:48:44 UTC 2012

On 20 August 2012 02:32, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> I agree with aleix, typical example is Designer and Creator or Assistant.
>
> In the QML area, people are being forced to use Creator because the tools
> aren't exported as a different tool, and that pisses people off (all
> emacs,vim,kdevelop,kate users for instance).

I don't see how we force people to use plasmate since all the tools will
still
be available as standalone applications. Creator doesn't export the
qmldesigner
as a standalone application, we do.

> Maybe we need a place where we can put everything workspace development
> related? thinking on:
>
> -Something to tests kio's
> -Something to test kded's
> -Somethign to test dolphin plugins
> -Something to test KRunners (which btw I have been told that there is such
> thing in plasmate iirc but only there).

that's true. I haven't tested this code yet so there wasn't any further
development
into this part, but I will.

> I'm of the idea that we should put everything into kdevplatform since it is
> "kdevplatform" after all.
>
> Cheerz !

Before we go further into this conversation we need the approval of the
people
who are responsible for the plasma tools.

So if we have their approval, we will need someone to
1. move the plasma tools into kdevplatform
2. to move the tools(which are also standalone applications) from the
plasmate repository into kdevplatform
a side note here, we also have to move the kwin tools(which are also
standalone applications)
 from the plasmate repository into kdevplatform
3. to integrate all the above into plasmate

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)
KDE Developer

terietor.gr