move plasma tools to plasmate

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:54:50 UTC 2012

On 19 August 2012 08:13, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well you cannot, if you want both plasmoidviewer and plasmate to be able
> to use it, you'll have to move the stuff to some qwidget (or maybe a
> KPart?) so that they can share it.
>

>> 2. Some tools when they are used as standalone applications require a few
>> extra ui stuff.
>> Example: when I execute plasmaremoteinstaller from plasmate I have a
>> known source directory for my plasmoid(thanks to plasmate), but when
>> I execute it as a standalone application I don't., so I need an extra
>> kurlrequester. How can I hide a kurlrequester from a binary?
>>

> Not sure about how to solve this

thank you for your answer :)

3. duplication of code, plasmoidviewer vs plasma-previewer

> where's plasma-previewer? Looks like I missed some news :P

Actually plasma-previewer is a binary which is created from plasmate's
tests,
but lately we also call like that the plasmate's previewer, which has some
cool features
that plasmoidviewer doesn't have(like the refresh button which reloads the
plasmoid)

P.S.: for once again, tomorrow morning I will push the changes

Regards,
Giorgos

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)