System tray: size of icons

Dmitry dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Tue Aug 14 17:59:13 UTC 2012

14.08.2012 21:01, Marco Martin ?????:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012, Dmitry wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I thought that all icons in tray have to be the same size (i.e. to be
>> limited in size), but current C++ system tray doesn't fix size of icons
>> (plasmoids). For example, battery may be larger that other icons. It
>> looks very strange:
>> SysTray will look strange if battery applet shows percent
>> I assumed that all icons have to have the same size and I fixed their
>> size in QML implementation of system tray. So, my assumption causes
>> battery be smaller or be clipped:
>> Clipped battery plasmoid in system tray
>> What do you think about such behavior? I think if plasmoid have large
>> size then it should be placed on panel.
> hmm, that sounds like a bug, the battery shouldn't have a too big minimum
> size..
>
> are you setting an actual clip to the items that contain the plasmoids? (it
> may get a bit expensive on performances)
Yes, I've set "clip" to on. But if I set "clip" to off, battery will
look the same, because I set its maximum size (and minimum size
otherwise networkmanager applet wont be visible). I set the maximum size
because applets may want to be large then other icons:
<systray_applets_if_their_size_isnt_limited.png>
> (it may get a bit expensive on performances)
OK, I can disable clipping.