System tray: size of icons

Dmitry dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Tue Aug 14 16:53:16 UTC 2012

Hello!

I thought that all icons in tray have to be the same size (i.e. to be
limited in size), but current C++ system tray doesn't fix size of icons
(plasmoids). For example, battery may be larger that other icons. It
looks very strange:
SysTray will look strange if battery applet shows percent
I assumed that all icons have to have the same size and I fixed their
size in QML implementation of system tray. So, my assumption causes
battery be smaller or be clipped:
Clipped battery plasmoid in system tray
What do you think about such behavior? I think if plasmoid have large
size then it should be placed on panel.

Thank you!